Jump to Navigation

Augusta Uninsured Motorist Accident Attorneys

If you have been injured in an auto accident through the negligence of another, and that other party turns out to be uninsured or underinsured, what can you do to pay for your medical and other bills resulting from the accident?

The immediate answer is that it may be possible to file a claim under your own car insurance — but only if you opted to spend a few extra dollars on your premium to cover the event of being injured by an uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM).

Columbia County Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer

There are two separate "grades" of UM coverage — reduced UM and excess UM. Reduced UM, which costs slightly less, only provides coverage when the at-fault motorist's coverage is less than your coverage. Excess or add-on UM covers you regardless of the amount of insurance the other party carries.

One problem we have been seeing is that people are reducing their UM coverage to save money these days. Yes, it makes your premium more affordable, but you will wish you had it when you are injured by someone trying even harder to save money.

Auto Policy Coverage

Even if you carry top-of-the-line UM, you may discover that your insurance company doesn't like you filing a UM claim against them. With UM claims, the customer effectively becomes an adversary to the insurer. Many insurance companies drag their feet on such compensation. This can lead to a "bad faith" situation where you must sue your own insurance company. Wall Ellison LLC takes part in such suits and has enjoyed a solid record of success.

Note: Most UM policies require prompt notice of an accident and potential UM claim. So it is important to move quickly after your accident to file your claim. At Wall Ellison we can help you with your claim.

Remember that we charge you nothing until our attorneys produce a judgment in your favor, and that there is no charge whatsoever to assess your case.

In an accident with an uninsured driver? Call the Augusta uninsured motorist accident lawyers at 706-303-1923.

How Can We Help?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy